- Vermicelli (1 packet) - not the one which has long strands but the one which is broken into small bits
- Vegetables : Tomato, Beans, Capsicum, Potato, Carrot - diced into cubes as for chowmein
- Spices : Heeng (Asaphoetida), Ajwain, Haldi (Turmeric), Chilli Powder
- First heat some oil in a kadhai and fry the Vermicelli till golden brown
- Separately boil some water. In the boiling water add the fried Vermicelli after it has cooled down a bit. Add salt to taste. (Measure of water is 1 cup of water per cup of vermicelli. This is important as this determines the texture of the Vermicelli. After soaking in the water, it should not become too soggy.)
- Now fry the onions. Add the spices. After the onions have cooked a bit, add the diced vegetables. Fry till they are cooked, but only so much that they remain crunchy.
- Finally add the Vermicelli and toss around a bit. D chowmein is ready to serve.
Final suggestions : You may serve with chaat masala sprinkled on top, or with tomato sauce. Whichever way, it tastes yummy!!!