Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A New Beginning

Recently I wrote an email describing my present situation... It is extremely apt... Hence I am pasting it here...

For those who might not understand the reference, let me give a bit of a background... I have recently landed in USA to start my PhD. It is going to be a long innings here. Naturally parents and relatives in India are missing me already. This is what I wrote to my mashi (maternal aunt).

-----

"right now i am busy running around with orientation, getting furniture, getting groceries, catching the college bus etc... but it's fun right now... class or research work have not started yet... and meeting a lot of new people everyday.... so not feeling too homesick yet...

right now sharing a phone between 2 people, a laptop with a faulty keyboard (e and f do not work) between 3 people... so not getting ample infrastructure to contact everybody...

will mail in more detail later... when i have lesser time, a better keyboard, and am feeling more homesick..."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i'm sure u'll find less time in future..enjoy till this time lasts :)

Vivek Malewar said...

get an AT&T number and mail it to me :)

Nilanjan Goswami said...

There are few good and bad aspect of staying away from home for long time. My personal experiences say that the most advantageous part is, its the time when you can reach out those territories of your creativity where you have never visited. As you have ample time to spend with yourself there is a possibility of revealing few unfolded segments of your own self. The bad part is, you will find that some small small daily affairs of little significance will make you nostalgic.