Saturday, November 15, 2008

Turn Turn Turn


It was raining leaves today.

The wind picked up leaves
From the bough of almost naked trees
And strew these leaves around
According to its' many whims.

I was in the car
And the wind never touched me.
What struck me instead
Was the sight of a faraway tree
And the leaves floating towards me.

As if the magic spell of a lovely fairy
Was casting its' spell on me.

**

Later in the day
I was outside
Dipping my feet in rivers running below.

The wind was still up
And by this time
Most of the leaves were down below.

The wind was in no mood
To let the leaves rest.
A relentless architect - the wind.

And the leaves
Performed cartwheels
Appearing like gears turning round and round -
Naughty frolicsome energized.

In their combined entirety,
They formed gushing streams, torrents
Gullies, rivers
And flowed down alleys
And roads and walkways
Under the feet of men
And into the hearts of those who noticed.

**

PS:
The title was inspired by the following song (definitely recommended):

Youtube search link.

**

If you liked this, you will like:
And The Leaves That are Green
The Butterflies

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"..Under the feet of men
And into the hearts of those who noticed."

Good poetry.. again, picturesque and vivid.

kriti said...

thanks

but why anonymous...

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. why anonymous? Well, i guess cause you can say anything and get away :P.
Nah.. its cause my name wouldn have meant anything to you anyway.

Anonymous said...

And I did want to appreciate what I felt was good.

Saumya said...

achha temme wt are d things u dont du??

kriti said...

@Sobr. :
1. play the piano
2. swim
3. countless other things

:D

(ah... that was modesty!!!)