Friday, June 04, 2004

As usual I am finding the habit of maintaining a blog quite a tiresome one. My previous two diaries saw premature deaths due to this attitude of mine.Let us not dwell on this subject for long. There are many much more interesting things to write about. The funny thing however, ( just a little more dwelling) is that for the few days after I had just started this blog I was viewing all things with the eye of a writer. I made mental notes of many things and wanted to record it for readers. However when the question of actually writing them out came along, I had many other odd-jobs to tend to. These might include going to lunch, leaving office early for some other work or some work at office itself. Now one would have to do these activities anyway and is supposed to get time after that to maintain blogs and other such 'extra-curricular' ambitions. Unfortunately I find it exceedingly difficult to satiate my extra-curricular apetite. There are at least two things I must confess at this point of time to give the reader an idea about my self regarding this subject.

I am quite fussy about the work at hand, be it studies or the assignment I am presently doing for my summer training. I have this penchant for being perfect. You might call it a good thing but sometimes I am forced to think otherwise.

The second thing is not totally unrelated. My mom always pointed out to me that I needed to speed up my work. I disagreed with her on the ground that delay is a small price for perfection. But lately I am forced to disagree with my earlier convicitions. If I am to do all the things that I want to do and do all of them well, then I am afraid (sometimes) that it is impossible. Mom says that I must be absolutely and she means absolutely punctual to do so.

Which translates into having to end this blog dot at 7:10 pm. And being regular in maintaining it... Sounds crappy doesn't it?

Neways bye for now.

PS: My initiation to blog-dom was through a blog by a girl who wrote about:
1. how she knows she does not deserve her luxurious life,when millions are much less fortunate
2. her trip to singapore (most probably)
She was probably Bengali ( but might not be), but surely Indian
I read her on rediff (again, most probably). Got her link from another girl's blog which was titled "A Beautiful Girl's Life" or the like.

Have lost her in webspace. If anyone can help me, please do.

bbye

No comments: