Friday, June 11, 2004

Sometimes you think that something just has to be written down and preserved for posterity..... Later when you sit down and there are more pressing matters on your mind, you just do not have the 'mood' to write the previously thought out things down.

What do you do? Force yourself to pen down the once intense thoughts or go with the mood of the moment. I am opting for the latter.

I have taken a step differently this time. In stark contrast to my previous two attempts at maintaining diaries, I have made this one freely available to my mom. And to some other elder people. Now a public web log is not really a diary. But at least one is supposed to have total and complete freedom of expression over here. The thing that is bothering me is that whenever I think of writing something I imagine mom reading it. And that is like censors breathing down your neck....

And that's not good. Which made me think of maintaining an alternate, actually free from censorship, second blog. Then I thought otherwise. I imagined the case of a serious writer who has embarked to publish some text involving passionate love-making, or an idea which in itself might be path breaking or addressing the aspirations of the country yet makes him feel a little 'weak-in-the-knees' in front of his mom. And I decided that this blog will have to do. This shall be my medium.

tata for now

PS: A confession. I am using office time and office connectivity for maintaining this blog. And no Mom, my company does not encourage this. But if people can chat on hours with girlfriends using the office phone then I can do this too. I agree citing others' examples is a vague excuse. But that's the best I have right now.

To myself:"Better not waste too much time thinking on this.... get prepared to face the wrath of the 'censors'.

A good idea!!! Fix up a time everyday. Or every alternate day. Do not keep thinking about it all day. DO NOT think that this is a crime."

No comments: