Monday, June 28, 2004

The Many Parks of Kopar Khairne, Navi Mumbai (Part 2)

(Read Part 1)


P4



I discovered park P4 on my first day at jogging. The road seemed to be leading to a jogging park. The gentry here was much more up-market. Health-conscious people, a few youngsters. Another few practising yoga too. And then the odd couple who were real old and their energy inspired me.

This park is also built on the 'half grass- half bare' concept. However the park for jogging was much more well planned with a well designed path around it for walking. And the playing field much larger.

The beauty of the park is that it is at the end of KK. It is located at a corner with the swamps surrounding it on 2 sides. The swamps give way to the creek and in one direction one can see the new developments in Ghansoli gaaon. This guarantees a supply of fresh air to the park.


P5



Now I have this strange feeling that I love my city which is Kolkata. Now that has come amongst other things with years of roaming around in the streets of Kolkata.

2 months is too small a time to love a city but nevertheless I decided to roam as much as possible within KK, Navi Mumbai. The experience was quite nice. And it was in one such aimless venture into my neighbouring area that I chanced upon park P5. Now park P5 (thank God) is an 'all-grass' park. The very first day I was greeted quite rudely by the maali for stepping onto the watered area. But that did not deter me. I liked the park the very first time I saw it.

It is hardly used by anyone. The people who use it are not the well-to-do people and thus do not have much time in the morning. So it is almost a private park for me. I have to jog in a to-and-fro motion which I have learnt from Hostel-Room-Neighbour and which is equally purpose-fulfilling. It is the nearest to my place and hence I visit it regularly.

I go jogging alone these days. This park gives you the feeling that it is your very own private park. I like being alone but sometimes it gets to me. One day I was wishing I had a jogging partner. One with no complaints, no talking while jogging, no hassles.. just to be there with me. Asking for a bit too much I guess. I guess just a partner will do... one with hassles, with complaints, but is there to jog with me.

No comments: