Saturday, June 26, 2004

Then and Now

Now

If there were something called as a 5-star office, my present training stint can be said to be in such a place. A huge complex, beautiful roads, a lake replete with an adjoining mandir, grand food courts (Training Partner takes objection: no non-veg = no food), centrally air-conditioned.. the list goes on. Now I know what a white collar job means - it means that your collar remains white no matter how much you slog it out at office. Here I long to get a feel of the sun, to have a walk outside. I hate the conditioned environment. I feel that one should get to hear when it is raining while one is working. I pulled up the curtains one by one so we could have a better view of the outside.

Then

I visited my father's previous office once (He operates from home now). It was in a famous office address in a busy office area in Kolkata. However it was office to about a dozen people or more. Computers were few, the AC was restricted to a few chambers. You had to go down into the busy street to get a snack.

A list

1. Bhelpuri wala-s
2. Vendors with sweets in glass-covered trays
3. The regular sweet shops (Ganguram etc)
4. Jhal muri wala-s

I cannot say which one of the two is better. But one thing: am thinking what is to come next. If I can foresee, then maybe I can start something to cash in on it.

No comments: